In Regard to Color and Texture Selections
The organic look and movement from an assembly of our products is the result of the slight variation derived from using natural materials and choosing a richer tradition of hand-fabricating each individual piece. Pictures do not do justice to the true aesthetic created using Hartstone in the construction of an architectural setting. Do not hesitate to request samples. Better yet, please schedule a visit to our showroom and/or one of our projects.
Below is a sampling of our standard colors. Hartstone is capable of custom color blends and will consider custom colors on a per project basis. Color variation is to be expected with natural materials.
Our Artisans are capable of producing a variety of textures.
Terms and Conditions
For complete & detailed product specifications talk with your area sales representative. Below is a synopsis of Hartstone material performance characteristics and why it is so durable.
- Compressive Strength: greater than 6000 psi (ASTM C140)
- Water Absorption: less than 4% (ASTM C140)
- Solar Reflectivity (SRI): .75 (ASTM C1549)
- Freeze-thaw: less than 1% loss of dry weight – 50 cycles (ASTM 1260)
We have 10 years of installations in freeze-thaw conditions through the Mid-west without a failure or any material degradation.
Care and Maintenance
When properly installed our hand-crafted concrete tiles are very low maintenance and provide utility and beauty for decades.
- Outdoor Clorox for removing mold & mildew, dirt and many stains
- Warm water & Dawn dish washing detergent for oil & more stubborn stains
- Use only a SOFT bristle broom or brush
- Never use acids or pressure-washers
We recommend sealing every 3-5 years, which is typical of any pavement or natural stone surface. The benefits of sealing include:
- Helps prevent staining and makes surface easier to clean.
- Further stabilizes joint sand and minimizes lose.
- Helps prevent efflorescence.
Sealing should be done after product is installed and fully cured (30 days). Sealing is the final step in the procurement and installation of a beautiful deck, and an important one. It is so important, we put considerable time & expense in making our recommended sealer, Hartstone UP90, readily available to our customers. Hartstone UP90 can be purchased and shipped with your tile order. Hartstone UP90 will not change the color or sheen of our tiles.
It is our teams passion and commitment to fabricate Hartstone to endure a lifetime! Hartstone is only one part of the Project Process.
- Your choice of an Installation team is a very critical part of ensuring a Quality project . Hartstone will provide a recommended “cut sheet ” to help guide the installation process. (Installation team is ultimately responsible per job-site conditions.)
- Sealing the Hartstone; Hartstone should be sealed 30 days after installation with UP90 per manufacturers specifications.
This warranty applies only to Hartstone material.